"I learned about the dangers of junk food, that the body I am building is not temporary. I (need) a healthy body to carry me through my whole life… making simple changes like whole wheat bread instead of white, adding kale and flax to a smoothie are simple changes that can really make you healthier. I will be the Generation of Change and not a statistic."
— Juliana, Healthy Food for Life student
Watch Joe Cross speak about the Healthy Food for Life program! >
Welcome to a Wellness Revolution. Led by kids!
W Kids: Healthy Food for Life is our in-school program that teaches kids the most important lesson they may ever learn! (It was featured in Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead 2!)
When kids have fun learning about healthy foods, they bring it all home. It's amazing what our 6-week innovative and transformative family nutrition program for children PreK-Middle School has accomplished. We're empowering kids, and they're leading the way to wellness in their families. Kids learn about exercise, healthy eating habits and more. There's food prep and tasting, and parents are welcome to join in. When the course is over, we continue with an evening program that invites families to learn how to make healthy affordable meals together.
It's working! We're empowering a generation of change!
- 46% of families report an increase in reading food labels before making a purchase
- 57% of families report a decrease in the consumption of processed junk foods
- 70% of families report consuming less soda
- 78% of families report consuming more whole foods and green leafy vegetables
Why is Healthy Food for Life so important NOW?
- It has been predicted that the current generation of children will be the fi rst in history to have a shorter lifespan than their parents.
- One in three people in America ages 2-19 are overweight or obese.
- Overweight and obese kids are at a greater risk of developing serious health problems like type 2 diabetes, asthma, bone & joint problems, depression and more.
Empower a generation of change.
Bring Healthy Food for Life to YOUR Community.