This challenging time reminds us more than ever, that it is essential to take care of our physical, spiritual and emotional health. Just as we have always done, WF will continue to illuminate the path to wellness by providing you with resources and tools to support you during this time. Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram and watch your email for a variety of resources to help you and your family remain as healthy as possible and maintain your connections without leaving home. Check out our resources for surviving and thriving during Coronavirus on this page.
One thing we’ve learned from this virus is that humanity’s problems know no borders. We are all in this together and we can get through it together. The WF team will do our best to be there for you with positivity, inspiration, resources and kinship during this difficult time.
Be well and stay safe,
The Wellness Foundation Team
• Wellness Foundation has compiled an extensive and delicious Recipe Book to help you and your family cook clean and healthy.
• The East Hampton Food Pantry is open from 1 to 6 PM every other Tuesday.
• The Heart of the Hamptons food pantry in Southampton Village is open Wednesdays, from 10 AM to noon.
• East Hampton Meals on Wheels will continue to deliver nutritious meals to clients homes Monday - Friday.
If you're not up to cooking, our W Restaurant partners are offering take-out orders:
• Golden Pear is open and has walk-in take-out.
• Fresno is offering take-out orders from Thursday-Monday
• Bell & Anchor is open from Tuesday-Sunday.
• Sen has takeout every day from 4-8pm; call to place your pick up order.
• Jimmy Jim's in Sag Harbor is open for take out.
• Four Oaks Juice Bar in Southampton is open for pick from 11-4pm, daily.
• Organic Krush is open for take out Mon/Thurs/Fri from 9 AM to 5 PM and Saturday and Sunday from 9AM to 4 PM
• Babette's has take out available Tuesday through Sunday, with fresh juices, smoothies and full breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. Open Tues-Friday until 4 PM, Saturday & Sunday until 6 PM.
• Sabrosa is accepting phone and online orders with curbside pick up. They also offer FREE DELIVERY for orders over $30!
• Check out Honest Plate for healthy, home delivered meals.
Support our local Wellness Zone partners!
• Join yoga instructor Mary Sabo online.
• Silich Core + Strength is offering online workouts on Facebook Live.
Below is a series of 4 resistance band workouts you can do in your home with minimal space. Each video is approximately 20 minutes long.
Go for a walk, and get some vitamin D and fresh air!
• Go to the Ten Percent Happier website and check out their free Coronavirus Sanity Guide for lots of helpful resources.
• The Calm app is free and has great guided breathing exercises and meditations to help you manage stress.
We are pleased to invite you to our "Wellness Warrior" series hosted by our Executive Director of Education and Programs, Jenn Taylor. Join Jenn as she interviews wellness experts and offers tips for staying well and balanced during these difficult times. Join our mailing list to receive reminders for upcoming Wellness Warrior events.
Plenty of fruits and veggies
Especially citrus fruits, berries, spinach, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, kiwi, red peppers, and tomatoes. Remember, frozen fruits and veggies are just as good as fresh!
A good night's sleep is one of the best ways to improve our immune systems.
Exercise and vitamin D
Get a little sun on your face, do some stretches at home, organize your closet; whatever you do, just move your body!
Stay connected and minimize stress
Call friends and family, join online support groups, read, meditate, play games and limit screen time.
And finally, wash your hands often!
Wellness Foundation is here for you through the Covid 19 Crisis
DOWNLOADS — ENGLISH
DOWNLOADS — EN ESPAÑOL
W KIDS WELLNESS ZONE POSTERS