Major Gifts Officer
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Major Gifts Officer (based in Eastern Long Island) is responsible for identifying, cultivating
and managing ongoing relationships with high potential individual donors. He/she will also plan
and execute events in New York and grow the major gifts donor base in the region. The Major
Gifts Officer will report to the President & CEO and work closely with the Board Chair. This
position is part time with possible flexibility for full time.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Manage a portfolio that includes no more than 100 high net worth donors and
- Develop and execute individual donor strategies to renew and upgrade large gifts.
- Solicit and secure gifts at the major gift level, including multi-year gifts.
- Develop strategies for engaging new prospects.
- Produce solicitation materials, provide input on branding and marketing.
- Identify specific ways to leverage social media for fundraising and awareness.
- Collaborate with members of Wellness Foundation's program and outreach team as well
as Board members to understand program needs and develop fundraising strategies.
- Shape and edit donor correspondence such as letters, emails, funding proposals, and
- Maintain accurate records of donor outreach and solicitation plans through regular
upkeep of donor database.
- Special projects and other responsibilities, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and five or more years of professional experience in development, non-
profit management, or other experience with fundraising.
- Creative and high level strategic thinker.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A background of working with high-level donors, volunteers, and trustees is highly
- Major gift fundraising and portfolio management experience, with a proven success record
in cultivation and solicitation.
- Enthusiasm for wellness and the work of Wellness Foundation.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects successfully, and work
effectively with trustees, donors and prospects, volunteers, and staff.
- Familiarity with Hamptons donor base is highly desirable.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.